For the rub:
- 1/4 cup coffee, finely ground Arabica or other
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons ground ancho chili
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the meat:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Transfer all but 3 tablespoons to a covered container for future use.
- Brush the oil over the steak; sprinkle both sides with the 3 tablespoons spice rub.
- Preheat nonstick Anolon Accolade Grill Pan over medium heat until hot. Add the flank steak and cook, turning once, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing on the diagonal against the grain.