For the dulce de leche:
- 2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the quesadilla:
- 6 8" flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 4 medium bananas, cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped, toasted
- For the dulce de leche, combine the milk, sugar, and baking soda in an Anolon Advanced Home 3 Qt. Saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until caramelized and thickened, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and strain through a fine sieve.
- Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Spread the top of each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the chocolate-hazelnut spread, leaving a 1/4-inch border free around the edges. Arrange banana slices over the over one half of each tortilla and sprinkle them with the nuts. Fold the tortilla over the filling to form a half circle.
- Heat an Anolon Advanced Home 12" Skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas to the skillet and cook until it is golden brown on the underside, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the quesadillas over and again cook until the underside is golden brown, another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla in half and drizzle with the dulce de leche. Serve any remaining sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert