For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained, mashed to a paste with a fork
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
For the salad:
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 12-inch demi-baguette, cut across into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Position one oven rack 4 to 5 inches below the heat source (leave the other rack in the center of the oven) and preheat the broiler.
- Make the Caesar dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Brush the cut sides of the romaine hearts with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place them, cut side up, on the sheet pan. Broil the romaine hearts until they are slightly wilted and lightly browned, 1 1/12 to 2 minutes. Transfer to platter.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, the mustard, and thyme. Place the breasts and the bread slices on the sheet pan and roast in the center of the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of the chicken registers 160°F and the bread is toasted, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let it rest 5 minutes before cutting it across into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place the chicken and toasts on the platter with the romaine; drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the Parmesan.