For the turkey:
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound skin-on boneless turkey breast half
For the onions:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons harissa sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
For the quesadillas:
- 4 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 8 ounces (2 cups) Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, shredded
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over both sides of the turkey and place on an Anolon Advanced Baking Sheet. Roast the turkey until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160°F, about 42-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- While the turkey roasts make the onions. Heat the oil in a medium a Anolon Advanced Home Skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, sugar, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 18-20 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, harissa, chili powder, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until thickened, 15 minutes.
- When the turkey is cool enough to handle, remove the skin, chop it and transfer to a bowl. Use your hands to shred the turkey; add it to the bowl.. Stir in the barbecue sauce and toss well.
- Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top half of each tortilla with the turkey and onions and sprinkle with a few cilantro leaves. Fold the tortilla over the filling.
- Heat an Anolon Advanced Home 12"Skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas to the skillet and cook until the tortillas are golden brown on the underside, about 2-3 minutes. Turn them over and cook until the cheese is melted and the underside again golden brown, about another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in half to serve.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: American