- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/8 plus 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 7 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Asiago cheese
- 4 brioche or similar hamburger style buns, split horizontally
- 1 cup baby romaine lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
- Heat the oil in an Anolon Advanced Home Skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown and about 16-18 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and cook 1 minute longer; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and basil in a small bowl; mix well and reserve.
- Form the ground beef into 4 (4-inch diameter) patties, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and make a 1/4-inch depression with your thumb in each. (This helps the burger cook more evenly). Heat an Anolon Advanced Home Grill Pan over medium, add the burgers and cook 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Top each burger with 1 slice of cheese and loosely cover with aluminum foil. Cook 1 minute longer until cheese melts.
- To assemble, place top 1/4 cup baby romaine lettuce, 2 tomato slices, burger, and 1/4 of the onions on each bun bottom. Spread the cut side of the top half of each bun with 1/4 of the mayonnaise mixture and set on top of each burger. Serve immediately.