- 2/3 cup white or brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 8 ounces sushi grade ahi tuna, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 avocado , cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 Persian or Asian-style cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger, drained
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- In an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Luxe Onyx Saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside, covered if serving warm or uncovered if serving room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, vinegar, and pepper flakes, if using. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture, tossing gently. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Skillet over medium-low heat, toast the sesame seeds, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Gently stir the avocado into the tuna mixture. Arrange the rice in bowls and top with the tuna mixture. Arrange the cucumber, ginger, and scallions around the tuna. Drizzle with the remaining soy sauce mixture, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve.