- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons red or yellow curry paste
- 4 cups peeled and chopped winter squash, such as delicata, acorn or butternut
- 1 can (14 ounce) light or regular coconut milk or one 11 once carton coconut water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Add the oil to an Anolon Advanced Home Saucepot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and curry powder or paste. Saute another minute or so.
- Add the squash, coconut milk or water and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Using an immersion blender blend the soup until it is the consistency that you like, completely smooth or with a few chunks.
- Add the lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Top with chopped cilantro or parsley and garnish with a wedge of lime.