- 12 ounces fettuccine or other pasta
- 3 to 4 lobster tails , 8-10 ounces each
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter , cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, 10 minutes or as package directs. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, remove the lobster from the shells and cut the meat into 1-inch chunks.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the lobster and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring once or twice, until the meat is just white throughout. Remove the lobster to a plate.
- Carefully add the whiskey to the pan. (Stand back, as it may flame up.)
- Add the cream and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the reserved lobster and any juices that collected on the plate, and the chives. Taste, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Add the pasta to the pan, tossing to coat with the sauce. Divide equally among 4 warm shallow bowls or plates. Pass lemon wedges at the table.