- 12 ounces penne rigate or farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon caper liquid
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried dill, salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 large stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives or medium pitted ripe olives, cut into halves
- Shaved Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta , optional garnish
- Cook pasta as package directs. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water; drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl: lemon juice, olive oil, capers plus liquid, garlic, dill, salt and pepper. Stir well; let stand 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add pasta, celery, onion, spinach and olives; toss to coat. Garnish with cheese, if desired.