- 13 tbsp Finely chopped nuts , divided, (3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup Crème Fraiche
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Large Peaches, washed, dried and thinly sliced
- Pre-baked tart shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Scatter 2 tbsp of the ground nuts in the pre-baked tart shell. Ina bowl, thoroughly whisk together the crème fraiche, egg yolks, 3/4 cup of sugar, almond extract, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour the mixture over the nuts into the tart shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tart from oven and arrange the peach slices over the top of the custard and sprinkle 1 tbsp nuts and tbsp sugar over the peaches.
- Return the tart to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve the tart at room temperature.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Course: Dessert