- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 4 cups Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Haas Avocado, sliced
- 4 7-Inch Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, loosely packed
- Toss shrimp with the cumin, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until just opaque. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to skillet and add onions, oregano, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden, about 15-18 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle the bottom half of each with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Top the cheese with 1/4 of the onions, 1/4 of the avocado, 1/4 of the cilantro, and 1/4 of the shrimp. Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining cheese then fold the top half of the tortilla over the filling to form a semi-circle.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and place over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook until the outside is lightly browned, the cheese has melted and the filling is hot, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and repeat with remaining quesadillas. Let stand 3 minutes then cut each into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.
- Skill Level: