- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha
- 4 (7-8-inch) steak or sub rolls, halved horizontally
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small Anolon Nouvelle Copper Luxe Saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the carrots, bell pepper and onion. Let the vegetables stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For the pork patties, combine the pork, scallions, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Divide the mixture into four even sections and form each into a 6 1/2” to 7”-inch long, 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Combine the mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until the crust is crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Heat an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Luxe Sauté Pan
- Spread the cut sides (top and bottom halves) of each roll with the sriracha mayonnaise. Layer the cucumbers on the bottom halves of the rolls; top with the pork patties. Drain the pickled vegetables and place them over the pork; top with jalapeno slices and cilantro leaves, close the sandwich and serve immediately.