- 1 lbs Cinnamon Raisin Bread Loaf
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 large Egg Yolks
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Sugar, for sprinkling later
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 tbsp Butter, softened
- 6 tbsp Golden Raisins
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Butter a 9” x9” baking pan.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until bread dries slightly; remove from the oven. If necessary bake bread in 2 batches. Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, yolks, 2/3 cup sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Butter both sides of bread slices then line bottom of pan with 1/3 of the slices, trimming to fit if necessary. Sprinkle bread with 3 tablespoons raisins then make another layer with 1/3 of the bread slices. Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons raisins. Top with remaining bread slices. Pour milk mixture over bread; let stand 30 minutes to allow some of the liquid to be absorbed.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake until set and lightly browned, 33-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.