- 1 lb very fresh boneless skinless fish, try snapper, halibut, swordfish, raw prawns,
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 small red jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or basil
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 3 heads endive , large leaves separated (to serve)
- Chop the seafood into small even pieces, discarding any dark flesh.
- Place in a non-reactive bowl. Add the remaining ceviche ingredients except the tomato and mix well.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving add the tomato and spoon into endive cups.