- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 cups Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons Dried oregano
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless rib steak, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Add the bell peppers, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper and cook until softened, another 7-8 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and return the skillet to the stove.
- Season the steak with the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in the skillet; add the steak and cook until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Arrange the bottom halves of the hoagie rolls on a work surface. Top each with 2 slices cheese, 1/4 of the onion mixture, 1/4 of the steak, and 2 more slices of cheese. Set the top half of each roll over the cheese. Press down each sandwich with your hand slightly. Brush the outside of bread with remaining 1 tbsp oil.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium. Place two sandwiches at a time on the grill pan; set the skillet on top and press down to press the sandwiches. Cook 3-4 minutes or until the bottom of sandwiches is golden. Flip the sandwiches and again top with the skillet and press down. Cook until the cheese is melted and the top and bottom of the sandwiches are golden. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. To serve, cut each sandwich in half on an angle.