Chicken Chipotle Pasta Salad
By: Susan Palmer
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Course: Salad
- 1 pound pipe rigate pasta (or similar shape)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 15-ounce can large ripe black olives, drained
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce from canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Bring an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Luxe Stockpot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the packages directions. Drain and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with kosher salt and black pepper. Heat an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Skillet over medium heat and drizzle 1 tablespoon of avocado or grapeseed oil. Cook the chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness, flipping halfway through making sure they are brown on each side. You want the internal temperature to reach 165°F. Remove from the heat, let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into 1-inch dice.
- In an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Saucepan, steam the broccoli until tender – about 5-6 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, lime juice, chipotle sauce, salt and cumin to make the dressing.
- In the large pot that you cooked the pasta in, toss together the pasta and 1/3 of the dressing until completely coated. Add in the diced peppers, broccoli, chicken, olives and crumbled bacon. Drizzle the remaining dressing over top and toss until completely coated. Transfer to a serving platter and serve the pasta salad warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- Store any remaining pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.