- 1 whole branzino
- 1 lemon, half cut into thin slices and half reserved
- 1 orange, half cut into thin slices and half reserved
- 2 leek, washed well
- 1/4 bulb fennel, trimmed
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt and black pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scale and rinse the fish; dry it with a paper towel.
- Season the fish inside and out with salt & pepper.
- Slice the 2 leeks and the fennel lengthwise.
- Finely chop the oregano after removing stem. Squeeze half of each citrus fruit over the leeks and the fennel and mix well.
- Place the leek, fennel and oregano mixture inside the cavity of the fish.
- Arrange the citrus slices on the outside of the fish and tie well with kitchen string.
- Cook in an oven safe pan over medium high heat until the outside of the fish is browned and crispy, at least 2 minutes each side.
- Finish in the over for another 6-8 minutes at 425°F.