- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 11/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Kosher salt
- 24 littleneck or cherry stone clams, shucked, shells reserved
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large Anolon® Authority skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until tender, 2 minutes. Stir in the green onions and tarragon, cook 1 minute. Add the breadcrumbs and wine and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and salt; stirring until the butter melts. Transfer to a bowl and chill until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a cutting board and coarsely chop it.
- Spread the kosher salt over a large Anolon® Advanced Bronze baking sheet to a depth of 1/4-inch. Arrange the clams in half shells on the salt. Top each with some of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with the Romano cheese. Bake until the cheese on top of the spinach browns, about 8-10 minutes.