Cocoa Nib Biscotti
By: Emily Luchetti
- Yield: About 40 large or 90 small biscotti
- Course: Breakfast
- 1 cup sugar
- 2.5 ounces (5 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the sugar, butter, and eggs until well blended. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa nibs until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes so it is easier to roll out.
- For large biscotti, divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a 15-inch log. For small biscotti, divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll into 15-inch longs. Place the logs several inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. (Small and large biscotti take the same amount of time to bake.) Let cool.
- Reduce the heat to 300°F. For large biscotti slice the logs on a slight diagonal about 3/4 inch thick. For small slice them straight (no diagonal) ½ inch thick. Return to the baking sheet cut side up. They can be close together, even touching. Use two baking sheets if necessary. Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly colored and no longer soft.