- 1/2 pound Hot Italian sausage, casings , removed
- 5 ounces Grated fontina, crumbled robiola or taleggio cheese
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seed, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, Chopped
- Salt, To Taste
- 12 slices Rustic, coarse-textured bread, cut into 2 to 3-inch serving pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crumble the sausage in a bowl. Add the crumbled cheese, fennel seeds, parsley and salt to taste.
- Spread onto the bread, distributing evenly.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy, 15 minutes.