Fajita Stir-Fry with Lime Quinoa
By Anna Hinman
For the Lime Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoia, dry, uncooked
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
For the Fajita Stir Fry
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, julienned
- 3/4 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 Roma tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro leaves
- To make the Lima Quinoa In a large saucepan, cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Once the quinoa is cooked, add lime zest and juice and stir well. Set aside.
- To make the Fajita Stir Fry Preheat the wok, stir fry, or large skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the spices (cumin, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika). Add olive oil and whisk well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken strips with the spice mixture. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Add pepper and onion to the pan. Add more olive oil if needed. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and stir together. Cook together for 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Remove from the heat and serve over Lime Quinoa.