- 1/2 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a covered stockpot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add in 1 tablespoon of salt. Once the water is boiling add in the fettuccine noodles. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes until the noodles are al dente. *You will need to stir on occasion to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Drain the pot of noodles in a colander. Set the noodles to the side. Place the stockpot back on the stovetop. Add the unsalted butter and garlic to the stockpot on low heat. Mix with a silicone spatula then add in the noodles and the heavy cream. Toss the noodles in the cream mixture. Add in the grated Parmesan cheese. Continue to mix until the cheese has melted into the cream mixture. Remove from the heat, place the lid on the pot and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, mix in the freshly-minced parsley and season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Divide between two plates. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Entrée