Hoisin Glazed Australian Lamb Shoulder Chops with Stir Fry Noodles
By: Sally James
- 8 Australian lamb shoulder chops, trimmed
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or rice win
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup stock or water
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 stalks asparagus, ends trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 lbs snap peas, or preferred vegetables
- 7 oz packet cellophane or rice noodles, soaked according to directions
- Brush the lamb generously with the Hoisin sauce. In a heavy based pan large enough to hold the chops in a single layer, heat the oil over medium high heat add the chops and cook for 2 minutes each side to brown.
- Add the sauce ingredients, reduce the heat to low and simmer the chops, turning regularly, for about 8-10 minutes or until cooked as preferred. Add additional stock or sherry if sauce becomes too thick.
- While chops are cooking, add a little oil to a wok or nonstick fry pan over high heat, and stir fry the asparagus and peas for 1-2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Add the noodles and stir fry, just enough to heat through.
- To serve, place stir-fry immediately on warm plates, top with the lamb and spoon over the sauce from the pan.