Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cooked rice, for serving
- Heat an 12" stir fry over medium-high heat.
- Toss chicken thighs with cornstarch until well coated. Add oil to heated pan. Add chicken and season with salt. Cook, stirring often until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5- 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, water chestnuts, green onions and minced garlic. Cook, stirring often until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add cashews and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, mix together chicken broth, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Lower heat to medium- high and cook stirring occasionally until sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.