- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Entrée
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil , divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 naan bread
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Anolon Advanced Square 7-quart nonstick casserole over medium heat. Toss the lamb with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and add half the meat to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining lamb.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the casserole. Stir in the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, mustard seeds and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring, until very fragrant, 15-30 seconds. Stir in the lamb and any juices that have accumulated on the plate, the tomatoes, tomato paste and heavy cream; bring the mixture to a simmer, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the lamb is tender and sauce thickens, about 1 hour 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Flip the grill pan lid over and set it over medium heat until very hot. Brush the naan with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Add to the grill pan and cook until marked and toasted, about 1 1/2-2 minutes per side. Serve with the lamb curry.