- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 lemons, divided
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pound fresh asparagus , bottoms trimmed
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- Slice both lemons in half, and set two halves aside. Squeeze the juice from the other two halves of lemon on the pork chops. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa according to package directions in your Anolon Advanced Bronze 3 Qt. Saucepan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in an Anolon Advanced Bronze 12" Skillet over medium low heat. When oil is hot, put the pork chops in the skillet. As you sauté the pork chops, add the juice from one of the remaining two lemon halves. Sprinkle the Thyme over the pork chops and continue sautéing for approximately 8-10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- While the pork chops are cooking, in another saucepan with a lid, add the asparagus, diced red pepper, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of water and garlic over high heat. Cook for about 2 minutes uncovered, or until the water is almost gone. Squeeze the remaining lemon halve over the asparagus and red pepper. Toss the red pepper and asparagus to coat and cover the pan, cooking for 1 minute. Remove the lid and toss the asparagus and red pepper again. Put the lid back on and repeat until the asparagus and red pepper are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the finished quinoa to the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve the pork chops over a scoop of quinoa and vegetables