- 1 1/2 lbs Green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 Large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Yellow onions , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, To taste
- Over medium heat, warm the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to stir for 1 minute. Add the green beans and tomatoes, cover and cook over low heat until the green beans are very soft, 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove the cover and cook until the liquid is almost gone, 2-3 minutes.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish