- 1 1/2 cups (1 15 ounce can) cooked white beans, cannellini or marrow fats are preferred
- 1 1/2 cups (1 15 ounce can) cooked kidney beans
- 8-10 pitted Kalamata or oil cured black olives
- 3 tablespoons white wine or golden balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe heirloom or other tomatoes of any variety
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and pour over the cooked beans. Let this mixture marinate for at least 25 minutes.
- After marinating, stir the chopped basil, oregano, parsley and olives into the beans. Then gently add the tomatoes and cucumber, and stir to combine. Or you can spoon the beans into a bowl and garnish with the tomatoes and cucumbers.