- Yield: 18 oysters (6 Servings)
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Appetizer
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons Pernod
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Kosher Salt
- 18 fresh oysters, shucked, shells reserved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the spinach and arugula and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in the chives and cook 30 seconds. Add the Pernod and breadcrumbs and cook 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and salt; stir until butter melts. Transfer to a bowl and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Sprinkle the kosher salt over a large shallow roasting pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Arrange oysters in half shells on the salt. Top each oyster with some of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until spinach mixture browns on top, about 8-10 minutes.