- 4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large Anolon Advanced Home Skillet over medium heat until very hot. Add the cod, flesh side down, and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes; turn over and cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, anchovy, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers, bring to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley then add the fish, spooning some sauce over each fillet. Transfer to the oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve fillets with plenty of the sauce.