- 8 Apricots, pitted, and halved
- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry (12x14-inch), thawed as directed by manufacturer
- 4 oz Soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2-4 tbsp Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- On a floured work surface, spread open the puff pastry sheet (if folded). Roll to a scant 1/8-inch thick. To make a tart, trim the corners to make a round. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the round to the paper. Pinch the edges up to form a generous 1/2-inch rim. Place in the freezer and chill 15 minutes to firm edges, or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the egg, and the cream until a smooth paste forms. Spread the paste evenly over the bottom of the round. Arrange the apricot halves on top, and cut side down (in concentric circles). Sprinkle the tbsp of sugar evenly over the apricots.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and browned and the apricots are soft and slightly golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- With a long knife, loosen the round from the parchment paper so the tart won’t stick when cut into slices. Serve warm.