- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, (plus additional to coat the pan)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the fennel, oil, salt, and pepper; toss well to coat. Arrange fennel on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until the fennel is tender and browned, turning once, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Side Dish