- 4 6-oz Tuna steaks
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 tsp Anchovy paste
- One 14.5-oz can Diced tomatoes , drained
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Pitted calamata olives
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1/8 tsp (or more) Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle the tuna with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the garlic, anchovy paste, tomato, lemon juice, olives, capers and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium high. Sear it 2 minutes per side, or until cooked almost to desired degree of doneness (it will cook a little more as it sits).
- Remove the tuna from the skillet and add the tomato mixture. Cook, stirring every 2 minutes, or until the garlic is no longer raw and the tomato is heated through. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve each tuna steak with one-fourth of the puttanesca topping