Weeknight One-Pot Lasagna Bolognese
By Whitney Bond
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 cup red wine
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
9 lasagna noodles, (broken into thirds)
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 cup beef broth
1 (16-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in an Anolon Advanced Deep Skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, ground beef and Italian seasoning, cook 6-8 minutes.
- Drain any grease from the skillet.
- Pour the red wine into the skillet and simmer on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Layer the broken lasagna noodles on top.
- Pour the diced tomatoes and beef broth over the noodles.
- Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and top with the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Re-cover and allow the cheese to melt for 3-4 minutes.