For the chicken:
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 pound or 4 pieces chicken breast, thin-sliced, boneless, skinless
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 1 ounce slices mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/3 cup basil leaves, chiffonaded
For the glaze:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then season with Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and smoked paprika. Add to heated skillet and brown the chicken, about 2 minutes each side.
- Add one slice of Mozzarella on top of each piece of chicken, then place in the preheated oven to cook for 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the balsamic vinegar, spicy brown mustard and ½ teaspoon pepper in an saucepan over medium heat. Allow the sauce to thicken, bringing just to a boil, then removing from heat.
- Add the cut grape tomatoes to the skillet in the oven, cooking for an additional two minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the tomatoes on top. Drizzle the thickened balsamic vinegar glaze. Top with chiffonade basil leaves, serve immediately.