Baby Kale Salad with Peach Tea and Sesame Dressing
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Salad
- 1 peach tea bag
- 2 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 8 cups baby kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes; drained
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Pour into a small cup and add the tea bag; let steep 10 minutes. Discard the tea bag and let the tea cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the cooled tea (the rest may be discarded), green onion, honey, lemon juice, ginger and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil and sesame seeds.
- Combine the kale, carrots and red onion in a bowl. Pour in the tea mixture and toss well to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates and serve immediately.