No-Bake Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
By: Meghan McGarry
- Course: Dessert
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, for garnish
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a 2 qt. saucepan, cook sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not let mixture boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture over crispy rice cereal and stir until everything is well coated and combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan and press down evenly.
- To prepare topping, melt chocolate and spread evenly on top. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Refrigerate bars for about an hour so chocolate can set up. Cut bars and enjoy at room temperature.