- 1 2-3 pound roast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 28-ounce bottle barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on the roast. Sprinkle with two teaspoons of sea salt and two teaspoons of black pepper. Use fingertips to rub the seasoning into the roast. Flip the roast over and repeat on the opposite side.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully put the seasoned roast in the pan using large tongs and sear it for about 2 minutes, until browned. Carefully flip the roast over and sear the opposite side for a couple of minutes. If possible, hold the roast with the tongs and sear the edges as well.
- Pour a bottle of barbecue sauce over the roast, lifting it up to allow some of the sauce to get underneath the roast. Put the lid on the Dutch oven and cook the roast in the oven, at 325°F, for three hours, turning after two hours.