- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) skin on salmon filets
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the basil and olive oil; transfer to a plate and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, serrano, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Preheat grill pan to medium-hot. Sprinkle salmon filets with remaining salt and pepper. Rub basil mixture over salmon filets. Grill 5-6 minutes per side, starting flesh side down and turning once until well marked and cooked through.
- Serve with tomato salsa.