- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 12 tortilla wedges and cook, turning once, until crisp and lightly golden, about 3-3 1/2 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and drain briefly. Add to the cheese mixture, toss well to coat and transfer to a serving bowl. Repeat with remaining tortilla wedges.
- Place the avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork until fairly smooth. Add the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper flakes; mix well. Serve with the tortilla chips.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Course: Appetizer