Blue Potato-Two Potato Latkes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes , peeled and shredded
- 1 pound blue potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Sour Cream , (optional)
- Apple sauce, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a large baking sheet with paper towel.
- Combine the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Heat the oils in a large skillet over medium-high. Working one at a time, take a scant 1/3 cup of the potato mixture and form into a 3-inch diameter latke; repeat. Add 4 latkes to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 4-4 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining latkes. If desired serve latkes with sour cream and apple sauce on the side.