1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (plus additional for skillet)
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the topping, combine the sugar, oats, flour, walnuts and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the sugar mixture until well combined and clumps form when pressed together.
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of an Anolon® Vesta Cast Iron 12-inch Enameled Cast Iron Skillet.
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Whisk together the eggs, sour cream and almond extract in a bowl then add to the sugar mixture and beat on medium speed, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, until combined. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat on low speed until just moistened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the prepared skillet. Top with a layer of the blueberries then sprinkle on 1/3 of the streusel mixture in an even layer. Spread the remaining batter over the filling. Sprinkle with the remaining streusel.
- Bake, rotating the pan every 15 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.