Brown Butter Green Bean Amandine
By: Heather Cheney
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large saucepan of water up to a boil and blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes, or just until barely tender. Strain them from the hot water and immediately submerge them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat and add almonds once melted. Continue to cook the butter and almonds, stirring occasionally until the butter is very foamy and just starting to turn golden brown.
- Add green beans to the pan, tossing them in the butter and almonds until cooked through—about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and lemon juice. Serve immediately.