- For the Mashed Potato Biscuits:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 egg , beaten
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk, divided
- For the Turkey Gravy:
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups turkey drippings, or turkey stock
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup diced turkey meat
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the cold butter until the pieces are no larger than peas. Mix in the mashed potatoes.
- Create a well in the middle of the bowl to pour in the egg and ⅔ cups buttermilk. Stir the mixture until a loose dough forms, then turn out onto a floured surface. Cut into biscuits with a large cutter or glass.
- Place on an. Brush the tops with buttermilk and bake for 15 - 18 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
- To make the gravy: In an Anolon Advanced Home Skillet, sauté the onions and mushroomsuntil translucent. Stir in the flour and cook until golden and fragrant.
- Add the turkey drippings and whisk until it comes up to a simmer and begins to thicken. Turn off the heat once it reaches desired thickness.
- Add in the buttermilk, turkey meat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon turkey gravy over the biscuits and top with a poached or fried egg.