- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 pound gluten-free turkey meatballs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- thinly sliced basil
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl. Add water to cover. Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an Anolon Vesta Stoneware 3-quart Au Gratin baking dish or a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the quinoa with water. Then add to prepared baking dish. Add the pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir to fully incorporate.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over quinoa. Then add the meatballs, evenly over cheese.
- Lay the sliced mozzarella over the meatballs, trying to cover the dish completely.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the thinly sliced basil, if desired.
- Course: Entrée