- 2 pounds flank steak, flap steak or chateaubriand
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder or regular chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 8-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Condiments, Sliced red onion, lime wedges, cilantro leaves; Salsa, guacamole, Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place in a bowl and combine with oil.
- Stir cumin, chili powder, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over meat and mix well. Let stand 20 minutes to marinate. Or cover and refrigerate until ready to cook, up to 12 hours.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook meat in two batches until well browned but still pink in center if desired. Remove from pan. Wipe pan with paper towel and cook remaining meat.
- Serve carne asada with tortillas, Tomato Guacamole and condiments.