Carne Asada Burrito Bowl
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill pan
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chipotle chile, from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 1/3 cups white or brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 8 radishes, sliced
- Small sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, soy sauce, chipotle, sugar, coriander, cumin, and garlic, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Transfer the mixture to a resealable bag, add the steak, and set aside in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour or as long as overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and allow to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions. In a small saucepan, warm the beans in their liquid. Set the rice and beans aside, covered.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and brush the grate with oil. Cook the steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set aside to rest 5 minutes.
- Arrange the rice in bowls. Thinly slice the steak and arrange it on top of the rice. Drain the beans and arrange them around the steak, along with the salsa, avocado, radishes, and lime wedges. Garnish with the cilantro and serve with the tortillas on the side.