Celery Root Puree
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Course: Appetizer
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounce russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, coarsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine the milk, celery root, potato, garlic, salt and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 28-30 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables into a colander; discard the liquid. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl of a food processor and add the butter; process until smooth.