- 4 cups Frozen unsweetened cherries, thawed
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Light cream cheese
- 1 cup Light sour cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 10 Chocolate wafer cookies, finely crumbled
- Combine the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened. Cool.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer or food processor to combine the vanilla, cream cheese and sour cream. With the machine running, slowly mix in the confectioners sugar.
- To assemble: fill each of four large wine goblets or parfait glasses with the layers, starting with a spoonful of the cheese mixture, then crumbs, followed by a layer of the cherries. Continue the pattern, using the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or make up to a day in advance.