Chocolate Espresso Mousse
By: Liz Della Croce
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Course: Dessert
- 12.3 ounces silken tofu
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- chocolate shavings , for garnish
- Remove the silken tofu from the package and drain out any excess liquid. Place in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler by simply heating them in a heat-proof bowl place on top of a small pan with simmering hot water. Stir continuously with a rubber spatula until chocolate chips have completely melted being careful not to let the chocolate burn. Remove bowl of melted chocolate from the heat.
- Stir the vanilla extract, espresso powder and salt into the melted chocolate until combined. Add chocolate mixture to the tofu in the food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Divide chocolate mousse between two glasses or serving bowls and refrigerate until chilled - 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate shavings.